Here is a video of changes you will see at school this year.
Smart Start School Re-Opening
Below are documents that outline the guidance we have received from the WDE in formulating our school re-opening plan. A link to the Statewide Public Health Order that is in effect until July 31 is also posted. These two are the guiding documents LCSD#2 is using for our plan to re-open school. We will provide updates as plans are developed by the school district.
July 13-14– Administrative Staff Meets for Initial Discussion/Planning
July 20– Administrative Staff/Employee Representatives Meet for Discussion/Planning
July 28– Special Board Meeting for Presentation of Re-Opening Plan
August 3– Plan submitted to the Wyoming Department of Education
Dear Parents and Students,
School is only a couple days away. I am so excited to begin a new year. I wanted to emphasize a few items before we open the doors:
- Dismissal Times will be staggered:
- KG, 3rd and 4th grades dismiss at 2:55
- 1st and 5th grades dismiss at 3:00
- 2nd and 6th grades dismiss at 3:05
- Bus pickup is by the main doors, walkers by KG doors
- Bring a clean face covering with you to school everyday. We are required to keep a distance of 6 feet between each other both inside and outside. When that’s not possible, face coverings will be worn.
- When walking in our hallways, please stay to the right and wear a face covering.
- Face Coverings will be worn on our buses.
- Bring a water bottle everyday to school. We will fill them up at the sink in your classroom.
- We will begin the year with a sack lunch and will be eating outside as much as possible. Hot lunches will resume on September 14.
- Screen your students each morning for a temperature and common symptoms of COVID-19. When symptoms are known, stay home.
- While at school, sanitize your hands every time you enter the building/classroom.
We look forward to seeing you on Monday!